About the Department
DR. AMIT RAY
This department primarily deals with the surgical work carried out by dental surgeons and oral & maxillofacial surgeons. Teeth which are significantly affected by cavities or gum disease , may not be restorable and henceforth referred to this department for removal / extraction. Apart from the patients requiring dental extractions , patients who need biopsy , surgical removal of dental cysts , ulcers , lumps and growths in the oral cavity and as well as in the head-neck regions are referred to this department. Apart from the above , this department also caters as a primary care centre for medical emergencies and facial trauma & oral cancer in the dental college , due to the availability of medical monitoring equipment being present here.
The department has an attachment and MOU with Sagar Dutta Medical College and Hospital , Kamarhati ( A West Bengal Government Medical College approved by MCI ) for admitting and operating its patients under general anesthesia. The patients with fractures of jaw ( eg. by road traffic accidents ) , dental cysts , jaw tumors including oral cancer , congenital facial deformities are treated by this department through this hospital attachment. The postgraduates of this department have rotatory postings in various super speciality areas like plastic surgery , neurosurgery and oncosurgery.
- Oral Cancer
- Craniofacial Fracture
- Jaw Reconstruction Surgery
- Esthetic Jaw Surgery
- Surgical Correction of Orofacial deffects
- Cysts and Tumors of the Jaws
- Treatment of Orofacial Infections
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
- Orofacial Pain Management
- Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery
- Salivary Gland Tumors
- Orthognathic and Facial Plastic Surgery
- Dental Implants
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dedicated 20 Beds for Maxillofacial Surgery at Sagar Dutta Medical College , Kolkata
- Comprehensive Minor Operation Theatre for Complicated Oral Surgery
- Latest Equipment like Orthomax Trauma Kits , Fibre Optic Laryngoscope , Satellac Piezo Bone Surgery and Implant Centre
- Dedicated Team of Oral Surgeons imparting round the clock care to Comorbid patients
- Successfully conducted for the first time in Eastern India , the Masterclass 2018 Course under the aegis of Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India from 22nd Feb 2018 to 25th Feb 2018. It was attended by approximately 47 national faculties and more than 120 delgates from fifteen states across India.
- Prof Dr Amit Ray was Vice President of Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India ( West Bengal State Branch ) in the year 2014
- Dr Amit Ray was Guest Faculty for Masterclass 2018 conducted by AOMSI held in Kolkata in Feb 2018
- Dr Sudip Chakraborty was Guest Faculty for Masterclass 2018 conducted by AOMSI held in Kolkata in Feb 2018
- Dr Samiran Ghosh is the Honorary General Secretary of Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India ( West Bengal State Branch ) since 2009
- Dr Samiran Ghosh was Guest Faculty for 45th National Conference of AOMSI held in Nagpur in Nov 2017
- Dr Samiran Ghosh was Guest Faculty for Masterclass 2018 conducted by AOMSI held in Kolkata in Feb 2018
- Dr Richi Burman is the Honorary Treasurer of Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India ( West Bengal State Branch ) since 2013
- Dr Richi Burman was Guest Faculty for Masterclass 2018 conducted by AOMSI held in Kolkata in Feb 2018
- Dr Avishek De Sarkar was Guest Faculty for Masterclass 2018 conducted by AOMSI held in Kolkata in Feb 2018
- Dr Tanmoy Ghorui with Dr Amit Ray successfully conducted a CDE in association with Apollo Clinics on 3rd June 2018 regarding Medically Compromised Patients.
- Dr Arnab Saha successfully attended Microvascular Course in Maxillofacial Study Circle by SCB Dental College , Cuttack on 29th March 2018.
- Dr Arnab Saha was the guest faculty for the CDE Program organized by IDA Malda Branch for the topic Medically Compromised Patients.
- Dr Pushan Maity and Dr Debolina Pramanick received 2nd Prize in PG INTERCOLLEGE QUIZ COMPETITION AT 42 nd AOMSI NATIONAL CONFERENCE held in Nagpur.
- Special Cases treated by the department in the last one year i.e. 2018
- Rhabdomyosarcoma of right maxilla
- Condrosarcoma of right mandibular region
- Astrocytoma in right infratemporal fossa
- Gorlingoltz syndrome (multiple jaw OKC)
- PNET (Primitive neuro-ectodermal tumor) of right maxilla
- Apertognathia following release of ankylosis
- Oral & Maxillofacial Day was celebrated in the college , under the theme “ Go Green ” on 13th Feb 2018
- Blood donation camp was conduction under AOMSI West Bengal Branch in the department of OMFS on 23rd April, 2018 and 70 units of blood were collected to be used for charitable purpose.