About the Department
DR. JAYANTA BHATTACHARYYA
This departments deals with the replacement of teeth by removable and fixed methods. The patients who are completely or partially without teeth ( edentulous ) are unable to chew properly , thereby affecting their general health and nutrition. These patients are evaluated by this department and based on their age , remaining teeth and gum condition , economic affordability and general health are advised for a removable replacement or a fixed replacement.
The removable replacement , also known as dentures (complete & removable) and the fixed replacement , also known as crown and bridge are then subsequently fabricated by this department for these patients. The dental laboratory works in close association with this department for fabrication of these dentures and crown and bridge.
With the advent of newer technologies , currently the most advanced replacement of teeth is called the dental implant. Dental Implants are titanium screws which are incorporated in the bone / jaw to act as support for the overlying artificial teeth. This department spearheads the treatment of dental implants with close association with Oral Surgery and Periodontics department.
- A well equipped department with 55 dental chairs for patient and student support.
- Comprehensive minor operation theatre for implant procedures.
- Department is equipped for conventional restorations, flexible dentures, metal and metal free restorations, digital shade guides, advanced articulators as well as maxillofacial materials.
- Dedicated and student friendly Maxillofacial Prosthodontists to guide the students for betterment of treatment and care of patients.
- Best Paper At District Level I.D.A. Conference to Dr. Soumyadip Niyogi
- Best Paper At State Level I.D.A. Conference to Dr. Ankita Tamta
- Presentation titled Acetal resin – the future in implant prosthesis ” at the 45th IPS Conference held in Bali , Indonesia on 27th Nov 2017
- Publication title “ A study on the accuracy of horizontal condylar guidance values in edentulous patients using prosthetic diagnostic radiographs ” Rahul Paul et al. Journal of Indian Prosthodontic society, Vol. 18, 2018
- Publication titled “ A comparative analysis of salivary factors and maxillary denture retention in different arch forms; an in-vitro study. ”Abhishek Shekhar et al. JIPS.Jan 2018
- Dr. Shraddha Agarwal was Selected For Voice Of Prosthodontist Finals At 20th I.P.S. Convention, Chennai
- Three ocular prosthesis and one maxillofacial obturator prosthesis made in last one year in the department.
- Workshop on Veneers – Lecture & Hands On conducted by Department of Prosthodontics , GNIDSR
- Following Achievements in Annual Sports Meet in GNIDSR in 2018
- Dr. Ankita Tamta : Flat Race (100m) 2nd Place , Spoon Marble Race : 2nd Place
- Dr. Sthita P Nayak : 3rd Place At Shotput
- Tug Of War : Won By Female Pgts
- Dr. Sreya Kundu : 3rd Place Spoon And Marble Race
- Cricket Pg Team (Males) : Dr. Manas Konar
- Football Pg Team (Males) : Dr. Sudipto Mistry &Dr. Sthita P Nayak
Scientific Presentation by Faculties & Post Graduates in National Conferences
|MODE OF PRESENTATION||TOPIC||DATE||VENUE|
|POSTER||DEMYSTIFYING THE CONCEPTS OF OCCLUSION||16-18TH JUNE 2017||RISHIKESH
(19TH IPS CONVENTION)
|PAPER||DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS OF TMDs.||-DO-||-----DO----|
|PAPER||DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS OF TMDs(WITH DHIMAN MAITY)||-DO-||-------DO---|
|CASE PRESENTATION||INNOVATE OUT OF WASTE||-DO-||------DO------|
|POSTER||DIFFERENT PROPORTIONS IN SMILE DESIGNING||8TH -11TH FEB, 2018||BHUBHANESHWAR, I.D.A. NATIONAL CONFERENCE|
|POSTER||AQUALIZER – BITE AND BODY IN HARMONY||--DO-||---DO---|